The first Corona Academy will take place at the end of November 2016. If you are interested in becoming an officially certified instructor or power-user, then you’ll find the full details below!
Learn about Corona Academy!
Corona Academy is an educational program for CGI tutors, instructors, lecturers and power-users who would like to improve their rendering skills and get to know everything about Corona Renderer.
All those who successfully complete the Corona Academy will become Primary Certified Instructors, able to organize and charge for their own authorized “Corona Renderer Educational Courses” and certify other instructors, schools and regular users.
What you will learn
The course will cover a wide range of topics, and includes:
- A deep understanding of the Corona Renderer philosophy and interface
- Identifying and correcting common sources of noise
- When to adjust performance render settings
- Keeping scenes rendering quickly, even with many lights
- How to use the Corona RaySwitch material
- When to use portals
- Randomizing materials and transforms for Corona Scatter
- Getting the best from Proxies
- Set-ups for commonly-used materials
- Procedural material effects with CoronaAO
- Reducing render time using Denoising
- Rendering for VR
- How to diagnose a problem scene and find the most suitable solution
- High level of familiarity with 3ds Max.
- High level of familiarity with Corona Renderer.
- Fluency in English.
More detailed info about the whole program and certification levels
All those who successfully complete Corona Academy will become Primary Certified Instructors, able to organize and charge for their own authorized “Corona Renderer Educational Courses” for Corona Renderer users, who will get the status of Certified Users.
However, Primary Certified Instructors will also be able to organize and charge for “Corona Renderer Educational Courses” for attendees who will become Certified Instructors. Only Primary Certified Instructors can run courses that give Certified Instructor status, because only Primary Certified Instructors will gain training directly from Corona Academy.
Certified Instructors can organize and charge for their own authorized “Corona Renderer Educational Courses” for other Corona Renderer users, and all those who pass these courses will become Certified Users.
Certified Users can use that qualification to confirm their skills with prospective clients and employers, but cannot teach authorized courses. This is illustrated in the diagram below:
A summarization of main differences between each certification levels is shown in a table below:
What other benefits you will get
Primary Certified Instructors and Certified Instructors will gain also these benefits:
- One Corona Renderer license for the duration of their certification, free of charge – which means one free full FairSaaS license for 2 years.
- Corona Renderer licenses for their students to use during their courses, free of charge.
- 10% discounts on a yearly license for their Certified Users.
- Promotion on our Corona Academy webpage, which will include promotion of contact details and certification details in our list of Primary Certified Instructors, Certified Instructors and Certified Users, and promotion of all upcoming “Corona Renderer Educational Courses” organized by Primary Certified Instructors and Certified Instructors.
- Access to the latest electronic versions of the Corona Academy educational materials, to keep up to date with revisions and changes, so that the materials stay in line as Corona Renderer develops.
More detailed info about the certification
Certification as an instructor is valid for 2 years, and would then need to be renewed – this is to ensure that all Primary Certified Instructors and Certified Instructors are professionals who have kept fully up-to-date with all changes in Corona Renderer. All levels of Certified Instructors will pay a 10% share from revenues derived from their courses to Render Legion.
Corona Academy goals and plans for future
The Corona Academy is focused on the educational training of tutors and power users only.
We would like the top level Corona Renderer instructors be the ones who organize “Corona Renderer Educational Courses” for beginning, average and advanced users – structuring the training in this way will ensure that users from all around the world can have access to courses in their native language, from locally based instructors in their respective countries. It also means that users can be sure that any courses they take from Primary Certified Instructors and Certified Instructors will have the most accurate and up-to-date information on Corona Renderer.
In the future, we may also organize a Corona Academy directly for beginning, average or advanced users, if there is enough interest in the initial Corona Academy program.
Details about the first Corona Academy
Dates & place
The first Corona Academy will take place in our development offices in Prague city center, on the weekend of November 26th to 27th 2016, and will run from 9:00 to 18:00 on those two days.
Address: Render Legion s.r.o., Karlovo nám. 17, 120 00 Prague 2, Czech Republic
849 EUR (+ VAT If applicable) for the 2 day course.
The price includes: Two day Corona Academy course with all necessary educational materials, meals and beverages, an official certificate of completion, and some souvenirs! (You do not need to bring your IT equipment with you, everything will be provided.)
What is not included: Accommodation and transportation costs. (We recommend arriving on the Friday afternoon/evening before the course.)
The website, with applications page, will be launched soon. The website will also show the up-to-date list of all certified instructors and users with their contact details, plus any upcoming courses organized by all levels of Certified Instructors.
The capacity of each Corona Academy course is limited. For the first Corona Academy in Prague, this is limited to only 10 attendees.
The first Corona Academy is already sold out!
For those who wanted to attend but could not get a place this time, we plan to organize the second Corona Academy sometime around March 2017 and will let you know when that is scheduled and the date is fixed. There will also be other Corona Academy dates set next year.
If you have any questions about Corona Academy, please contact us at email@example.com.