Recent Spaces spoke with us to give a breakdown of how they are adding animation and interactivity to pre-rendered VR thanks to development work they’ve done along with theViewer, to bridge the choice between photorealism and immersion. As part of that, they’ve been taking advantage of Corona Renderer’s compatibility with Phoenix FD too!
There have been quite a few changes to CoronaVR recently, including:
– The ability to link CoronaVR to your Google Drive for easy synchronization of images between your PC and mobile device
– So that you can easily choose to sync either or both versions of the app to GoogleDrive, the Gear VR version of the app has been renamed to “Corona GearVR” (the Android version keeps the same name “Corona VR”)
– The ability to add an icon to run the Corona GearVR version right from your mobile device desktop
– The Corona VrWarp helper object in 3ds Max to create walk-throughs without using any external software
– Improvements in image quality and performance
The Corona VR beta was launched back in July and has changed a lot since then! It’s now available on Android as well as the GearVR; creating VR tours is easier thanks to the updated Warp Editor; and image quality has been improved for the GearVR with correction for chromatic aberration.
In this article we hear from theConstruct about these latest changes, they share some behind-the-scenes info on how Warp points actually work, and take a look at where Corona and theConstruct are heading next. We’ve also opened up the walk-throughs and guides for Corona VR to everyone so you can see how easy it is to create and view your VR content!
Good news everyone! Render Legion is working with theConstruct.co to provide one-click, integrated solution for distributing virtual reality tours!
2016 is shaping up to be the year of Virtual Reality! It has been around for 15+ years, but only now is it finally looking usable and widely accessible. New mobile VR devices like Samsung Gear VR or Google’s upcoming DayDream will make it easier than ever to deliver a simple and quality VR experience to everyone.
We plan to stay ahead with this popular technology, so we’d like to introduce you to the “Corona VR” project, which is co-developed with the promising young startup theConstruct.co.